Here are some “selling points” of KeePass. To get a first impression, you can also have a look at some of the screenshots. If you don’t know which edition to choose (1.x or 2.x), have a look at the editions comparison page.
Items prefixed with [1.x] only apply to KeePass 1.x, [2.x] only applies to KeePass 2.x.
- Strong Security
- Multiple User Keys
- Portable and No Installation Required, Accessibility
- Export To TXT, HTML, XML and CSV Files
- Import From Many File Formats
- Easy Database Transfer
- Support of Password Groups
- Time Fields and Entry Attachments
- Auto-Type, Global Auto-Type Hot Key and Drag&Drop
- Intuitive and Secure Clipboard Handling
- Searching and Sorting
- Multi-Language Support
- Strong Random Password Generator
- Plugin Architecture
- Open Source!